Hospitals are paid from Medicare based on their patients’ satisfaction of the care they received. A list of hospital ratings for the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). HCAHPS is a national, standardized survey of hospital patients about their experiences during a recent inpatient hospital stay.
HCAHPS Scores Visualized
- HCAHPS scores in table formats with rows and columns are visually summarized
- Scores can be seen by state, by questions/categories
- Ranked hospital lists with the highest scores and star ratings. Audience can easily isolate for specific state(s) or category using slicers
- Map visual shows which states have highest satisfaction to lowest satisfaction scores. The darker the color, the higher satisfaction scores. Notice Las Vegas has the lightest color with the lowest satisfaction – Las Vegas residents/patients are hard to please?
- Bar graph on page 5 shows clearly with crisp visuals, where the hospitals score high and low; provides clear areas of concerns